Read and understand all aspects of engineering drawings and be competent in hygienic pipework installations and stainless steel fabrication, manufacturing components including valve matrixes, tanks and vessels, skid assemblies, platforms and gantries. Work as part of a team carrying out project work and installations as required in our workshop and on customer sites throughout the UK.
- Be experienced and competent in TIG welding methods.
- Understand manufacturing, schematic and P & I drawings.
- Work to a high standard at all times.
- Be competent in pipe building and understand hygienic welding principles and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and take instruction.
- On occasion, work during unsociable hours and be prepared to work away from home.
- Liaise with customer contact if required and represent the Company at all times.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed; be responsible for your own health and safety as well as those around you.
- Be prepared to be trained for new skills or have further training in relevant areas.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Possess GCSE or an equivalent standard in English and Maths
- Relevant experience in TIG welding and fabrication with a working knowledge of sheet metal machinery and equipment
- Experience in thin wall pipe building and hygienic welding procedures
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Be hard working and conscientious
- A willingness to work overtime and be reactive to short notice changes
- Maintain a positive attitude and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated, work as part of a team without constant supervision and form effective working relationships
- Ability to read manufacturing and P & I drawings
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work to a high standard
- An understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Successfully completed an advanced modern apprenticeship or equivalent in fabrication and welding
- Experience of tank and vessel manufacturing
- Previously qualified to TIG welding procedures
- Ability to weld using MIG/MAG processes
- Basic ICT skills
- Basic safety training or health and safety qualifications, IOSH or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within food, drink and allied sectors
Deadline for applications February 28 2021.