Technical Sales Manager
Assist with major project RFQs, URS’s, tenders, and the preparation of technically and commercially compliant quotation documents. Use technical knowledge and sales experience to provide consultancy, support, and expert advice to our clients. Liaise with other team members whilst being a key point of contact for customers both pre-project and after-sales to ensure the complete customer journey is made. Based at our offices with regular travel across UK mainland.
- Assist in generating and qualifying new sales leads.
- Participate in bid reviews and accurately interpret customer requirements.
- Responsible for handling incoming sales enquiries, organising sales visits and conducting site surveys to establish key aspects of customers’ requirements.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to Technical Sales Manager and any Key Account Managers.
- Work with technical sales and design team to ensure the timely preparation of comprehensive sales quotations; ensuring that by point of order the level of detail within quotations enables effective transition to delivery.
- Liaise with customers throughout project cycle offering expert advice and develop long term relationships.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with clients and suppliers as instructed by senior sales team, ensuring that both are within the agreed sales strategy.
- Take part in sales handover meetings and the continual improvement of the after-sales support service.
- Actively seek sales and marketing opportunities, assisting with case studies, newsletters and press releases as required.
- To assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the CRM system.
- Ensure that sales targets are met.
- Attend the relevant trade shows, exhibitions and conferences.
- Identify opportunities through enquiries and orders to upsell parts and service.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Previous experience in technical sales
- Knowledge and experience of the food and drink industry
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, competent with MS Office
- Good customer facing skills
- Commercially astute, self-driven and motivated
- A qualification in business studies and/or marketing
- Knowledge of CRM systems preferably ZOHO
- Be forward thinking and keen to embrace technology
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org