Project Engineering Manager
Be an accountable Site Supervisor/Manager for process engineering solutions within the Dairy, Food and Beverage industry.
Be responsible for site management and performing the role of Principal Contractor in line with 2015 CDM regulations.
Be accountable for site health and safety and hold a responsibility for the performance of the team on site.
- Main point of contact for assigned sites.
- Managing a working site under CDM 2015 regulations, fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor.
- Assisting with preparation of construction phase plans.
- Preparing site inductions and induction of personnel/contractors on site.
- Generating/reviewing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for mechanical and electrical (construction) related tasks.
- Issuing of permits.
- Actively managing and mitigating risk.
- Producing weekly reports for senior management/board review.
- Driving quality and continuous improvement, effectively using non-conformance and project wash up procedures.
- Working closely with the project engineer and lead engineer assigned to your site/project.
- Assisting project engineers to deliver projects in line with customer requirements, Company procedures, assigned budgets and key dates/milestones.
- Holding personnel/contractors on site accountable for working to approved RAMS.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations and site-specific guidelines are followed.
- Responsibility for your own health and safety as well as those around you.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Previous experience of managing a construction site in accordance with 2015 CDM regulations
- Project/site management experience within the Dairy, Food and Beverage industry
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good decision making and leadership skills
- Good planning, administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage budgets and resources
- Be hard working and conscientious
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and work as part of a team without constant supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills, including use of MS Project
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Be prepared to be trained for new skills and gain extensive site management experience and expertise
- Managing health and safety qualifications SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH
- Knowledge of current and applicable regulations and directives, CDM, PED, etc.
- Knowledge of permitting, including general, hot work, working at height and confined space
- Be prepared to stay away as and when required to perform the duties of the role
- APM qualified
- Relevant project management experience in an engineering discipline
- Formal qualification/degree in an engineering discipline
- Management/leadership qualification
- Proficient in the use of CAD
- Experience in creating P & I drawings and 3D modelling
- Experience of lump sum contracts
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Closing Date: 5th February
- Competitive benefits package