Take enquiries and successfully sell parts and components to new and existing customers. Procure these in the most cost-effective manner and ensure delivery to customers is achieved. Maintain excellent relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintain an up-to-date customer database.
- Deal with customer enquiries and orders by phone and email.
- Maintain regular contact with existing and potential customers and conduct customer/site visits as required.
- Understand customer requirement and their situation, establish product needs, explore sales opportunities and support in acquiring new customers to achieve our sales targets.
- Negotiate optimum deals with suppliers and sell parts at maximum margins to acquire and retain customers in the long term and maximise the Company’s profit.
- Liaise with the Project Team and create spares quotations for all new projects.
- Assist with monthly sales reports.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with linked departments, e.g. stores, sales, operations and marketing.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Possess GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or an equivalent standard
- Previous experience in parts sales and distribution
- Have a professional telephone manner and be able to communicate effectively
- Sales training
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good ICT skills, competent with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Be driven and motivated
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with customers
- Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience working with eCommerce websites
- Knowledge and experience of the food and drink industry
- Good customer facing skills
- Knowledge of CRM systems