Project Engineering Manager
Be an accountable Project Manager for process engineering solutions within the Dairy, Food and Beverage industry.
Be responsible for project management of all assigned projects, ensuring all contractual requirements are met, while working alongside project engineers (where necessary) to deliver projects in line with customer requirements, Company procedures, assigned budgets and key dates/milestones.
Coordinate cross functionally between the project team, contractors and suppliers that are involved in your projects and hold a responsibility for their performance.
- Main commercial point of contact for assigned projects.
- Interpretation of contractual requirements and flow into programme, project deliverables and outsourced work packages.
- Planning and execution of assigned projects in accordance with key dates, milestones, contract and Company procedures.
- Implementing contracts for outsourced work packages.
- Ensuring effectiveness of the project delivery team for assigned projects.
- Overall responsibility for project budget, schedule, quality and resources for assigned projects.
- Controlling project scope and identifying change in accordance with Company procedures and contractual requirements.
- Actively managing and mitigating risk.
- Hosting regular core team meetings and customer project reviews in accordance with Company procedures.
- Implementing and maintaining project management tools including action logs, request for information logs, risk registers, etc.
- Holding the project team and contractors accountable for deliverables, key dates and milestones.
- Producing monthly project status reports for senior management/board review.
- Driving quality and continuous improvement, effectively using non-conformance and project wash up procedures.
- Responsibility for your own health and safety as well as those around you.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Formal qualification in an engineering discipline
- Relevant project management experience in an engineering discipline
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good decision making and leadership skills
- Good planning, administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage budgets and resources and understand procurement procedures
- Be hard working and conscientious
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and work as part of a team without constant supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills, including use of MS Project
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Experience of lump sum contracts
- APM qualified
- Be prepared to be trained for new skills and gain extensive project management experience and expertise
- Be prepared to stay away if required
- Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
- Project management experience within the Dairy, Food and Beverage industry
- Management/leadership qualification
- Proficient in the use of CAD
- Experience in creating P & I drawings and 3D modelling
- Managing health and safety qualifications SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH
- Knowledge of current and applicable regulations
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Closing Date: 19th March
- Competitive benefits package