Project Engineering Manager
Be an accountable Project Engineer for process engineering solutions within the Dairy, Food and Beverage industry.
Manage and be responsible for the success of all projects that are assigned to you, while ensuring that the main aspects including scope, budget, schedule, risk, quality and resource are controlled.
Coordinate cross functionally between all internal disciplines, contractors and suppliers that are involved in your projects and hold a responsibility for their performance.
- Main technical point of contact for assigned projects.
- Interpretation of customer requirements and flow to design, hardware selection and outsourced work packages.
- Planning and execution of assigned projects in accordance with key dates, milestones and Company procedures.
- Budgeting and forecasting in line with approved budgets.
- Coordination of outsourced work packages.
- Controlling project scope and identifying change in accordance with Company procedures.
- Hosting regular core team meetings and customer project reviews.
- Implementing and maintaining project management tools, including action logs, request for information logs, risk registers, etc.
- Generating project documentation including statements of work, specifications, commissioning documentation, completion certificates, O&M manuals, etc.
- Producing monthly project status reports for senior management/board review.
- Liaising with and supporting your lead engineer and site delivery team.
- Driving quality and continuous improvement, effectively using non-conformance and project wash up procedures.
- Cooperating and communicating effectively with manufacturing and operations management.
- Responsibility for your own health and safety as well as those around you.
Overview of required qualifications, knowledge, experience, skills and attributes.
- Formal qualification in an engineering discipline
- Relevant experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good decision making and leadership skills
- Good planning, administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage several tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage budgets and resources and understand procurement procedures
- Be hard working and conscientious
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and work as part of a team without constant supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills, including use of MS Project
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Be prepared to be trained for new skills and gain extensive project delivery experience and expertise
- Be prepared to stay away when required
- Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
- Project management skills
- Management/leadership qualification
- Proficient in the use of CAD
- Experience in creating P & I drawings and 3D modelling
- Managing health and safety qualifications SMSTS/IOSH/NEBOSH
- Knowledge of current and applicable regulations and directives, CDM, PED, etc.
- Previous experience of working within food, drink and allied sectors
- Experience with lump sum contracts i.e. Red Book, MF1 etc.
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Closing Date: 19th March
- Competitive benefits package