Zac joined our team straight from high school in 2019 and has not looked back since. He impressed from the word go and has a great attitude and natural ability.
- Who are you and what do you do at Sycamore Process Engineering?
My name is Zac Hyde, I was born and raised in Sherborne, Dorset and I am an apprentice welder/fabricator at Sycamore Process Engineering.
- Where do you study?
I study at Bridgewater and Taunton College and have been on the course for 18 months and have five months remaining.
- What has been the most challenging part of the last year and your studies?
The pandemic has obviously had an affect on everything and it has been hard not being able to attend college, it was also hard to be furloughed as I like to keep busy.
- What have you enjoyed most about your apprenticeship so far?
I like going out on site, it's great to see where the equipment we build in our workshop ends up.
- What project are your working on now?
I am working on the Open Curd Table we are building for a cheese maker in India.
- What are you excited to achieve at Sycamore?
Sycamore gives us the opportunity to build competence in all areas so I’m excited to achieve this.
- What does a typical day at Sycamore look like for you?
A typical day involves working on the shop floor with my teammates manufacturing our products from stainless steel.
- What is a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I have a collection of motorbikes.
- If you were a superhero who would you be?