Tom, or Bruno as he is known by his friends has been at Sycamore since 2018, he is making great progress in his apprenticeship and his skills are improving at a rapid pace with TIG welds of a high standard.
- What do you do at Sycamore Process Engineering?
I am an apprentice welder/fabricator. I really enjoy building frames and general metal fabrications.
- Where are you from (born and live)?
I was born in London, then lived in Scotland for a while and our family moved to Somerset in 2018 which is when I joined Sycamore.
- What is your apprenticeship?
I am working towards a welding / fabrication apprentice with Bridgewater and Yeovil College.
- How long have you been on the course?
I have been an apprentice at Sycamore for two and half years and have another 2 years left on the course.
- What has been the most challenging part so far?
The most challenging part has been trying to keep in contact with the colleges throughout the covid pandemic.
- What have you enjoyed most about your apprenticeship so far?
I enjoy the opportunities it has given me; I have made some great work mates and we get to travel to different sites which is fun.
- What project are your working on now?
I am currently working on the four Open Curd Tables which we are building for a customer in India.
- What are you excited to achieve at Sycamore?
I am excited to finish my apprenticeship and hopefully there will be more opportunities to improve my skills and knowledge in the future.
- What is a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I can play the bagpipes.